пятница, 24 апреля 2015 г.

HOW-TO USE ALPHABET STAMPS

HOW-TO USE ALPHABET STAMPS
ALPHABET STAMP TUTORIAL I

Happy Valentine’s Day to you! I have received a ton of requests on tips on how to best use alphabet stamp sets and I am happy to oblige. I love alphabet stamps (or ‘alpha’s’ as they are also known). My biggest tip before I get further into this tutorial is if you start using these sets a lot then you might want to invest in more than one set of the same alphabet, it will make life so much easier. If I needed a duplicate letter in my word above, say I wanted to spell ‘lovee’ then I would have to print what I have above then go back in with the ‘e’ and there’s a major chance (if you are me) that it will come out all crooked and wonky and ruin what I was working on. Granted, using alphabet stamps does not give you a perfectly straight word, by the nature of the stamping medium you will have very organic/rustic results, but you probably still want some control of the effect, right? Step. 1-I start out by finding the letters I would like to use for my word (like the example above), once I have the word I want I set the stamps as close and straight as possible to make it easier for Step. 2.


ALPHABET STAMP TUTORIAL II

Step 2-I cut a piece of artist/drafting tape long enough to wrap around the entire word. This is important, if your tape is not long enough the stamps can bow, or become misaligned making this whole process futile. I use artist/drafting tape because it is re-positionable and is easy to remove and does not leave a sticky residue. You could also try washi tape which also has a low tack adhesive and in a bind you could use masking tape, but it’s a bear to remove from your stamps so I wouldn’t recommend it.


ALPHABET STAMP TUTORIAL 3

Step.3-Wrap the tape firmly around the stamps and get to printing! I tried all sorts of techniques and this is by far the easiest + most convenient way to work with the alphabet sets. If you have any other questions or requests feel free to email me or leave the request in the comments!


Miss Tristan B. is the proprietress of Besotted Brand and the writer of this delightful blog. She believes hand stamps are akin to owning miniature printing presses.


Original article and pictures take besottedblog.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий