понедельник, 8 июня 2015 г.

Kite Bow Organizer Tutorial

Kite Bow Organizer Tutorial

So here's what I was talking about in my last post: it's a bow organizer! Made out of a metal hanger!


I wasn't sure if it would make sense to other people...but my husband liked it. :o) Then again, I could cut a whole in a paper bag and he would act impressed. :o)



I've been obsessed with kites for the last year. (Have I mentioned that?) And I knew a kite would make a cute bow organizer, because, you know, the bows on the kite string...it's like a real kite! Get it? I just hadn't thought about how I was going to do it...






And the other day as I was about to get rid of some metal hangers (but still holding on to them, knowing there was surely something I could make out of them) I realized that if you bend it a little, it's almost a kite shape! So the idea was finally realized. Yay. :O) And I really like how it turned out! It feels really vintage, which I love.


You want to try making one? All you need is a hanger, a spool of ribbon and a scrap of fabric!


First, bend your hanger like this, straightening out the hook:


  • Then cut your fabric about half an inch larger than your "kite" frame and glue it around the back, stretching it taught.


  • Cut a couple of strips of ribbon to decorate the front of your kite and attach them by gluing all four ends around the back.


  • Attach a kite tail by looping a long piece of ribbon through what was the top of the hanger (secure with hot glue) and wrapping an extra piece around a few inches at the top.



I've always loved vintage children's toys, and I've been noticing that I keep adding more of them to Paige's room. I must be on a kick. But my favorite thing in her room is this musical carousel that my grandma recently passed down to us. It was my great-grandmother's! And it still works, which is a testimony to how well-made toys used to be. (Can you imagine one of our kids' toys lasting that long??)



If your daughter has as many hair clips as my girly-girl...you might need to make two. :o)



Hope you have fun with it! Have a great Monday, everyone. :o)


Love,

Disney


Original article and pictures take www.rufflesandstuff.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий