понедельник, 13 июля 2015 г.

Last Minute DIY Paper Party Goods

Last Minute DIY Paper Party Goods

I sent out an invitation for a big BBQ the night before we left for our Mexico vacation. Sandy and I wanted to celebrate with all the kind Baltimore folks that have been so wonderful to us in our first year here. Yes! It has almost been a year.


Unfortunately, I didn’t do anything to actually plan or prepare for the party, so no cute striped straws or dipped wooden utensils or polka dotted stenciled napkins to be had. The night before, I sat down with Sandy to decide what we would serve, how we would serve it and try to think of something festive to decorate the party with. Then, all I had to do was hope that we could get everything done before 5pm the next day.


Ack! I wanted things to look fun and cohesive and all I had was white grocery store paper goods. Enter some washi tape and, voila!, instant adorable party fare.




We served typical BBQ food with a seafood twist, think shrimp cocktail, hamburger sliders, hotdogs, and some yummy grilled salmon with a mint/basil tomato salsa. On these cute little sailing flag plates, it all looked perfect! Though I am a multi-tasker, I just can’t throw a party AND take photos at the same time, so no yummy food shots.



We decided to serve Root Beer Floats for dessert, which is a Weil family favorite. I taped a spoon and fun flagged straw to the outside of each cup to allow for easy scooping and dishing while the party was going on.


As you can imagine, they were a big time hit!

The best thing about this party was that I used the picnic goods I already had in the basement. Well, I had to pilfer the Target washi tape from Allie’s craft basket, but she got to help so she was all in. What did we do before washi tape, anyway? I did all the prep for the party goods that night in front of some Tivo’d So You Think You Can Dance, which left Saturday for shopping, cleaning, and cooking. Okay, I was a little tired by the time the party rolled around, but I rallied! Maybe next year, I will leave enough time to make a fun party fringe.


Have fun!


Materials:


Gingham Napkin Ring How-To:



Flagged Root Beer Float Cup How-To:



Now, don’t you just want to go make yourself one of these puppies??



Original article and pictures take 46pm7w3nubql47ir9hojy7g1-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий